Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fifteen Years Ago

                                                                                                       
                                                             (Artwork by Annabelle)
      
Fifteen years ago today Beetle kissed me for the first time. Most people tell me it's weird that I remember the date of our first kiss but strangely I do remember dates and it was a three hour kissing session so it's a little hard to forget. It also took Beetle SEVEN months from the time we became "friends" to kiss me. We were driving home from Moab and luckily my parents still thought Beetle and I were still "friends" so they didn't think twice about what was going on in the back of my dad's truck (my Dad had a sweet carpet kit so there was a window separating us from them). Let's just say It was an awesome three hour drive home that involved a whole lot of swedish fish and kissing:)

I came home today from a Dr. appointment and found this on our table. I'm glad Beetle is also good at remembering important dates.

2 comments:

Rachel Elder said...

Do you think it's weird that I remember your kissing day?? I even told my parents this morning! Weird, huh? I remember because that's the day I broke my arm. AnnaBelle's drawing is cute. Happy kissing anniversary!

Grandma Cher said...

Mindy, Rachel did remind me this morning it was your Kissing anniversary. You did fool both parents for a while longer than that. We were pretty sure at the time that you had actually kissed though. Parents are always the last to know. Happy Anniversary. What would a Holiday be with out one of Annabelle's cards. She is the "Hallmark Girl."