Monday, May 20, 2013

Uncle Rangi and the Salt Flats

A few weekends ago we drove to the Salt Flats to watch Uncle Rangi finish his 100 mile race. 100 miles! That is SO FAR! If you want a very good recap on this race you should go here. Rangi is one tough human being!
 We woke the kids up bright and early to witness Rangi's amazing accomplishment. I know they don't look like it but they were excited. So was I! I couldn't wait to see what people look like after finishing a 100 mile race. Plus this was my first time actually going to the Salt Flats.


                                                               It was Salty(: bright,


                                                           and a really pretty morning.

Probably not such a pretty morning for Uncle Rangi. We arrived just in time to see him at about mile 95.



Simon was cute cheering on the finishers. When I saw this pic I was amazed to see Rangi still standing, cheering on his fellow racers.


 Good Job Rangi! What an Amazing Accomplishment, we are very proud to call you our Brother, Bro in-law, and Uncle!



1 comment:

Rachel Elder said...

Ha ha, I worked on this same post today! You got better pics than me though. Good recap! Rangi is an animal! You got such cute pics with the awesome Salt Flats background. You are seriously so dang skinny too. Super jealous:)