Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Weekend of Freedom

This year's Smart boys trip was the best one yet. I still don't know which smart bro. came up with the idea of inviting the wives to join in on part of the trip but I am so thankful they did! My weekend went from watching our three kids on my own to going to California with Beetle, I don't remember the last time we had so much freedom for three and a half days, it was AWeSoMe! I couldn't have gone had Grandpa Rick and Grandma Cheryl & Aunt Roxanne not offered to watch our three little cuties- So thanks you guys, I really do have the greatest in-laws.


My Sister in-laws and Selenia, who felt like a sister in law, and not to mention one of the funniest girls I know.
Selenia, Sarah, Sara, Me and Michelle. Waiting to board our boat to Scorpion Island.

We met the boys at Scorpion Island, they left a day earlier, since they were traveling by Kayak. I am so glad they were there safe when we arrived.
I wouldn't recommend Kayaking to a seven month pregnant woman, and if you do go kayaking when you are seven months pregnant, DO NOT WEAR A GREEN DRESS that you have turned in to a swimming suit cover up, which sadly I don't have any pictures of. Kayaking is a lot of fun though and I can't wait to try it again when I don't look and feel like a watermelon.We went on a two mile hike up the mountain to see the most beautiful scenery, pictures don't really do it justice. Sara found these really pretty plants that looked like they had crystals on them. We had such a great time and even though it was a quick trip it seemed like the biggest break, I loved being with Regan, it felt like we were dating again. It was also fun being with my sister in- laws and getting to know them more.
I am pretty sure it was a weekend of freedom for our kids too, Annabelle was begging me to go on this trip and leave her with Grandma and Grandpa and now that they keep telling me all they did in one weekend, I can see why.

I am so glad the fourth of July was also celebrated on the Fifth, so we could still celebrate freedom with our kids, and not miss out on seeing their faces lit up by sparklers.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

Mindy,
You deserve more than a weekend of freedom, but I'm glad you at least got that. Ricker said he will do it any time... even if it means changing Little Poop Horse's diapers.

Darcee said...

You sooo deserve a break! And by the way, you look great! You ALWAYS do. Sounds like a really fun trip. That's hilarious that Annabelle wanted you to go so she could party with Grandma and Grandpa. They are the ultimate partiers!

Rachel Elder said...

Im glad you guys got a little break too! You definitely deserve it:) Im sad we couldn't go. It sounds like you guys had a great time!

G-bird said...

Looks like you had a great time! You DO have great in-laws!

Rangi said...

Mindy I am so glad you came, I love all of my sister in laws and loved being able to spend time with you guys . I think we need to start a couples trip and get Rachel and Roxanne in on the fun too. Thanks for coming and thanks Rick and Cheryl for being so willing! Love, Sara