
One of many reasons I dislike or really HATE the little kidney stone that came upon me so quickly, is that out of all the weeks in the year it decided to come on my Birthday week. It came on a Tuesday morning at 5:30 am you would think it would have passed by Thursday which was Thanksgiving but more importantly MY BIRTHDAY. Nope it didn't pass, instead of eating a delicious Thanksgiving/Birthday dinner I was in the Emergency room with morphine pumping through my veins which I do have to say I am very thankful for morphine- even though it made me really crazy I think I would have died without it-really.
I married a very optimistic person, he was determined that by the evening of my birthday I was going to pass the stone so he worked all Thanksgiving day on this cake. I was so sad- a wildberry skittle cake and I was so nauseated that I couldn't eat it, so I saved it and by the time I was finished with the stone and surgery the cake was pretty much rotten, but my kids loved eating all the skittles off of it.
I am so glad he took a picture so I would at least remember that he tried to celebrate my Birthday. He also gave me flowers and made me cute hand ornaments from my kids hands.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your kidney stone! I hope you're doing OK now. Oh, Happy Birthday!
Aww, cute Beet! You guys are so cute. That cake is adorb! Im not kidding, now that the stone has passed you guys need to go into business.
Glad you're feeling better:D
Mindy, hopefully when you are 38 and your b-day is on Thanksgiving again it will be a good one. That's pretty random but, I am glad you are doing better after that long week. You are a trooper and so is little Simon. He is still as chunky as ever through the whole ordeal. I'm happy we can watch the kids for a belated Birthday dinner for you.
That blasted Beetle is always making us other husbands/dads look bad with his birthday cake making skills.
Mindy, I am so sorry about your kidney stone, and that we didn't get to see you hardly at all. I am glad you are feeling better, sorry it took a surgery to get you there. I hope your holidays only get better! We love you. Sara and Happy Late Birthday!
Post a Comment