Thursday, February 17, 2011

Message in a bottle

Beetle has always been the best at gift giving in our relationship, I can never win. I even spent $4.75 on his Valentine card this year plus I bought it like three weeks before Valentines day, I was thinking I was doing pretty good. Beetle also had a head start on his Valentine. Every night before bed three weeks prior to Valentines he would lay on our carpet by the bed (so I couldn't see)and work in his little notebook. I also noticed he was going to Hobby Lobby more than the average man usually does. He also had numerous calls and texts with his brother Roman who in my opinion is the 2nd most creative gift giver of all the Smart brothers. The best were teaming up, this had to be good. It Was.

Message in a bottle- personalized bottle, with a hand dipped wax cork.

A letter to mermaid Annabelle , Treasure maps to Captain Benson and Captain Maxwell. Corks shaped to fit each bottle.Benson was in HEAVEN by the way, all night he would pop his cork and yell "YO HO AND A BOTTLE Of RUM!!"

The message was so well written. He used a fountain pen and a bottle of ink to get the "old fashioned look".

This had to be my most favorite Valentine gift EVER! I couldn't stop giggling all night. It's amazing how much detail he put in to all of these bottles. And the kids loved it too. I have always told Beetle he should go in to the business of selling gifts to other men to give to their wives, and now you can see why.

2 comments:

Rachel Elder said...

Cutest/coolest idea Ever!!! I love this idea. Beet is so cute and SOOO creative:) You deserve it though Minde:) Happy Valentine's Day.

Grandma Cher said...

Those bottles really did turn out so cute. That's so funny Benson would pop his cork and say yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum. He is one funny pirate.