Friday, May 20, 2011

The Derby



The Elder's Quorum in our ward held a pinewood derby competition, after the scouts this year. Beetle was more than excited to participate.


He modeled his pinewood derby after one of the cars he drove in high school.
A 1967 MG MGB GT

Beetle's Derby wasn't the fastest, but by far the best looking!

Maxwell was loving life this night. He thought daddy's car was his and was waiting at the end of the track every race to pick it up and take it to Beetle.

Before we know it our boys will be racing pinewood derby's of their own, but for now I prefer a Derby like this.

2 comments:

Go Cubbies said...

Awesome...love Beetle's creations. He is the most creative person I know. Who else makes there children and wife valentine bottles.

Rangi said...

Sweet pinewood! But I wish you would have fashioned it after the other car you drove in high school, The Bug with the giant bear attached to the top.