Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mommy Luau

Benson's kindergarten glass had a Mothers Day luau a couple of weeks ago.
 There is nothing like going to a school program and seeing your child spot you in the crowd, I loved it. He sang a cute Hawaiian song with his class and even added an "echo" to all the words sang.

 We luau-ed for a while and then had banana splits. I really wish I could have recorded us dancing, Benson got so in to it!
This is my Mothers Day gift. I'll have to admit I was a little surprised to open it and see that he had drawn Dad standing by him. Benson looked at it with me, slapped his hand on his head and said "Oh No! I forgot to give you long hair!" I loved it so much and it made me smile even more. I love this boy and his smiling eyes!

2 comments:

Sara said...

SO FUNNY! I love that story. Don't you just love mother's day stuff with kids! Sara

G-bird said...

What a cute plate! I do love Benson and his attention to a creative endeavor! You look absolutely beautiful! And I love your family picture from the Tulip Festival!