Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Beetle's Garden

This is Beetle's Garden. It looks tiny, but you will be surprised to find out how much he is growing in this tiny garden.
 It all started with a five dollar pear tree he bought at Ridleys last year. I didn't think it would make it through the winter, so I bet him $100.00 that his pear tree would never produce a pear. He was up for the challenge. To my surprise the pear tree made it through the winter and it even started growing little flower buds in the spring.
I think the thriving pear tree sparked Beetles interest in growing trees and other things. He added some mint to his little pear tree box and then before I knew it there were 2 oak trees , 1 maple tree and he allowed Annabelle to throw in some peas.
She grew TWO pea pods, we all shared them over dinner one night (:



I better be working on earning my $100.00.




3 comments:

Rangi said...

That is awesome!!! Will you give me some tips? P.S. I thought the under the sea cake was awesome...I don't know why Rangi has a love affair with the angry birds cake...maybe he wants one for his birthday. Happy late birthday Anna. Sara

Grandma Cher said...

Beetle's garden is awesome. I hope the pear tree makes it through one more winter before you can plant it in the ground. That is pretty amazing.

Rachel Elder said...

I am SUPER impressed with this garden, it's sweet. Beetle has me wanting to get some starts. Good Job Beet!