The other day he was driving our van near state street and he started yelling "A DOLLAR, I SEE A DOLLAR- I'M GETTIN IT!" he immediately pulled over and slammed on the breaks, and he was out the door-gone. Cars were zooming by us, the kids were like,"Where did Dad go?"
Thursday, September 23, 2010
All for a Dollar
Beetle will do almost anything for a buck. I first learned this in our 8th grade cooking class when I watched him drink a whole bottle of peppermint extract all because some boys said they would give him a dollar or two if he did it. And he did.
The other day he was driving our van near state street and he started yelling "A DOLLAR, I SEE A DOLLAR- I'M GETTIN IT!" he immediately pulled over and slammed on the breaks, and he was out the door-gone. Cars were zooming by us, the kids were like,"Where did Dad go?"
See the guy in the blue shirt?- There's DAD!
Notice the empty hands? No Dollar. I didn't believe him when he said some guy beat him to it, but some guy really did. I am just amazed that he noticed a dollar floating around on such a busy street. This story would have been much better had he actually brought back a dollar or maybe even a hundred $'s! Notice the bank on the right? We should drive this street more frequently, maybe we will get lucky!
The other day he was driving our van near state street and he started yelling "A DOLLAR, I SEE A DOLLAR- I'M GETTIN IT!" he immediately pulled over and slammed on the breaks, and he was out the door-gone. Cars were zooming by us, the kids were like,"Where did Dad go?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mindy for sure this is your best post ever, ever, ever! I wonder if the guy who got the dollar was the owner...That is what I love about Beetle!
Ha ha! Beetle is so freakin funny! What a funny post. I loved the surprise ending!!
That is a total Beetle story. I hope he never loses the little kid in him. I kind of think he never will.
Post a Comment