Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Another year marching in the St.Patricks Day Parade. I am not Irish, but I married in to a family that has some Irish blood in them(I think). I was a little reluctant going into the parade this year, mainly because I was mocked by the parade viewers last year. I ended up having a really good time though.There is no way you can ever be bored in an irish parade-so much to see.
Just waiting to hand out all that candy, it went fast.
Grandpa Ricker is the main reason our children can pretend to be a little Irish at least for one day in the year.
The Irish parade is kind of like a dog show, almost everyone has a dog on a leash. Our group had two dogs on leashes, a little less than this group.
Beetle decorating the stroller, I know the blanket looks really out of place but it was well used, just as the parade began it started to rain and then as the parade went on it began to pour. Beetle was sliding all over the place in his flip-flops, and he was pushing our three kids in the stroller -all huddled under the blanket trying to stay warm and dry. Thats a heavy stroller, about 130 pounds plus the stroller and the wet blanket weight!
Jamie, this one is for you.
It was not sunglasses weather, but Annabelle woke up with one bad eye infection, her eye was completely shut, when she woke up and she couldn't open it. Poor girl, she wasn't having the best day-but she was tough, and she wasn't going to let an eye infection get in the way of all this Irish fun!

2 comments:

Savage said...

Thanks for the green hoofed horse photo it made my whole day!

cheryl said...

Mindy you are a great Irish sport... we love you. It is all too true!