Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Peek at Life

Today I had a peek at the little life that is growing inside of me. It was only a routine visit but then I started a conversation that went like this: Me: So would we be able to tell what I am having by now? Dr.: Probably if we were to get the right angle, do you want to take a quick peek? Me: Are you serious? YES! I would love that! (feeling a little guilty that Beetle was not there, but not that guilty).
We were in the room for probably about four short minutes. I saw a cute little head, and then a spine and then a little bum-bum facing the Screen perfectly, with scrunched up little legs on the side. It made these first few months of not feeling like I had control over my own body, so worth it- It felt real now. So then we had a conversation like this: Dr: Well, if you want to know my guess, I am pretty sure, it is a BOY. Me: Are you sure? Dr: I am about 80% sure, do you see that little thing in between those legs?Me: Wow, I was wrong.Dr: Well tell your daughter she will enjoy having her own room.Me(thinking): Not Really
So there you have it, we are having a boy. I never pictured to be a mother of a few boys, but I am excited. I love him already, it was so fun to see his little body moving around. Annabelle will be a great big sister to three brothers, maybe this is the reason she is more in to bugs than princesses.

9 comments:

Madelyn said...

Congrats Mindy! I can't wait to meet this little guy! I hope everything is going well for you.

Rachel Elder said...

YAY!!!! I cant believe it! How exciting! :) So what name then??

Rocky said...

Congratulations! and if you're looking for a good boy name, I heard Porter is available.

cheryl said...

I am so excited to be getting another grandson. I know he will be so cute. Thanks for helping to balance out the ratio of boys to girls in our grandchildren.

Jen Yak said...

Congrats! I had no idea you were pregnant!

Catrina Poulson said...

aww, poor Anna! Well she is such a mother hen she will help you keep all those boys in line. ;)

Brad said...

Congrats!! I didn't even know you were preggo. How fun is that ?!!
-Melissa

Rangi said...

Yes Porter is still available because as Rocky so poignantly pointed out Rangi and I are incapable of having any more boys. Congrats! the first word out of Rigdon's mouth was "YES! we need more boys in this family!" We can't wait to meet him! Love Sara

Breanne said...

Congrats!! I didn't know that you were expecting again! I hope all goes well :)