I know this picture looks post surgery because he looks like he is on drugs but it's actually before the surgery, we had to wake him up pretty early in the morning. I thought he looked so cute in this little gown.Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Myringotomy and Insertion of Typanostomy Tubes
This is the name of the surgery Maxwell had on Monday. Even though it doesn't sound like it, it was a very simple and quick surgery. The Dr. cleaned out a lot of fluid and gunk from behind Maxwell's ear drums and then inserted tubes so that fluid will drain from his ears better. His right ear was worse than his left so that's why it started bleeding once he put the tubes in. The Dr. said his speech should improve now that he is not listening through so much fluid and gross mucus.

I know this picture looks post surgery because he looks like he is on drugs but it's actually before the surgery, we had to wake him up pretty early in the morning. I thought he looked so cute in this little gown.
Little Max did such a good job. He is still kind of out of it in this picture from the anesthesia but he handled everything so well and he never even cried. The Dr. and nurses kept telling me to prepare myself for when he wakes up because most of the time children his age wake up screaming and really mad. But he woke up with a big smile on his face. The nurses were loving it as much as I was, they sent him home with a doll, a dog and a blanket. I am so glad we decided to do this surgery and I am already noticing a happier Maxwell-if that's possible.
I know this picture looks post surgery because he looks like he is on drugs but it's actually before the surgery, we had to wake him up pretty early in the morning. I thought he looked so cute in this little gown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
He looks adorable in that gown! I LOVE that pic! You must be so relieved to know that he'll be able to hear better now. Congrats on being pregnant! That's great news! You'll be a great mom of all those boys and I'm sure Annabelle will be a great big sis to all of them. :)
I'm glad he was such a trooper! I've heard that surgery is really fast, I'm sure this will be a great thing for Max!!
Glad little Max has had that jello removed from his ear. He is so cute.
He was so cute that day, but he is always so cute... Except that day he was especially cute.
Max is such a tough little guy! You'd have to be growing up with Anna and Bens:) He looked so cute in his little robe! As I was reading your blog Danny asked me what I was smiling so big at, I didn't even notice I was smiling! Max cant help but make ya smile! Im glad he will be able to start hearing better, that is so exciting! love you guys:)
He is soooo cute. I hope this surgery works well for him.
Post a Comment